h3.post-title {font-family: 'Merienda', serif;} = href/>='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merienda' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'> Easier Done Than Said: Signing Saturday: Dog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Signing Saturday: Dog

I think 90% of the families I work with own a dog, which is why I chose "dog" as the sign for this week.  Plus, most kids are obsessed with their dog, making it a powerful word as well!  The sign for dog is to pat your leg, and then snap your fingers.  Well, I have yet to meet a 1 or 2 year old who can snap their fingers, so I teach the sign simply by tapping my leg.  Easy-peasy!  While you're at it, have you child imitate a panting noise (much easier than woof-woof), or if they are able, work on "wuh-wuh", or if they are really talking you can do "woof-woof". 

Happy signing! 


Side note:  I want nothing to do with owning a dog, but this picture is cute enough to almost make me want one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment